Questions and Answers
What kind of accommodation do we offer?
Self-catering residential apartments and houses:
- Private rooms: single/double/twin rooms standard and with ensuite bathrooms
- Shared rooms: twin/triple/quadruple rooms standard and with ensuite bathrooms
Where are you located?
Our properties are in several areas in and around Dublin. All our properties are either walking distance from City Centre or near several public transit stations
- North side: Dublin 5, Dublin 7, Dublin 9 and Dublin 11
- South side: Dublin 2, Dublin 8, Dublin 10, Dublin 20
- Most are located within walking distance to Dublin's top tourist attractions, English Schools and Dublin nightlife areas.
Who will I share the house with?
You will be sharing with students, young professionals or tourists, generally between 20 - 35 years old.
Hopefully, in this international and friendly enviornment you will make new acquaintances and friends.
In the case of shared rooms, who will I share the room with?
All our shared rooms are same gender, so we will only place females with females, or males with males inside the same bedroom.
In the case of shared rooms, are there lockers I can hire to keep my personal belongings?
Some of our properties have lockers for free use at your disposal.
Are the apartments furnished?
All our properties are fully furnished and include:
- Bedrooms: Bed linen, duvet, pillow, a set of sheets, chair and wardrobe.
- Kitchen: Kitchenware, cutlery, refrigerator, microwave, washing machine and kettle
- Living room: Sofa, table and chairs
- Cleaning tools: Iron, ironing board, broom, dustpan, and vacuum cleaner
What is not included in the properties?
We do not provide personal items such as dishcloths, towels, toilet paper, soap, cleaning products or a TV.
Is breakfast included?
No, we are a self-catering accommodation company which means meals are at your own expense.
Is Wi-Fi included?
Wireless Internet connection is included free in every house or apartment..
Are household utilities included?
Electricity, gas, heating, water and bins charge are included in the rent.
- However, consumption should be appropriate and not exceed the standard.
How long can I book a room for?
- All private and twin rooms are available for 2-16 weeks. Not extendable.
- Shared triple/quadruple rooms can be rented for 1-4 weeks. Not extendable.
Can I book a room for a longer term?
Unfortunately, no. We can help you for the first few weeks / months of your stay (up to 16 weeks).
Can I visit the room before booking it?
Unfortunately, we don’t organize visits of rooms prior to booking, but we do offer a full rent refund and cancellation policy in case the room doesn't meet your expectations.
- All the information of the property, including house description, pictures, location is listed on the website and our Facebook page.
Can I book the room before coming to Dublin?
Yes, and we strongly recommend it. Dublin is a bustling place and it's not always easy to find a place to stay. All we need to confirm your reservation is the payment of a security deposit, 120€ for a privacte room or 110€ for a shared room and the rent will be paid at the check in time.
For how long my pending booking will be holded?
If you confirm your interest in booking the room offered, the room will be put in pending on your name. The pending booking lasts not more than 48h. It'll be cancelled automatically after this period of time if no payment/proof of payment of security deposit has arrived within this time.
- In case of last minute bookings (less than 2/3 weeks in advance) we may ask you to pay the security deposit within 24h from comfirmation.
Is there a contract?
Yes, you will be asked to sign a Subletting Agreement at your check in. A copy of this agreement will also be provided to you in your language in your language (Italian, French, Portuguese and Spanish).
Can I extend my booking??
A booking cannot be extended when you have already resided in our accommodation for 16 consecutive weeks. In any other case, yes.
Is there any payment required in addition to rent?
- Yes, we require a security deposit of either €120 per person for private rooms or €110 per person for shared rooms to secure your booking.
- This sum will be returned to you after your check out as long as the property is left in the original condition (with no damages and keys returned). A cleaning fee of €20 for a private room/€10 for a shared room will be deducted from the deposit.
When is rent due?
Payment is due either before or at the time of check in. For those staying for more then 8 weeks, we can be split payments into two installments. (A €50 per day charge will be applied for any late payments).
- At check in time only cash or credit card will be accepted (extra 10€ fee). If paying by a bank transfer, please make sure to send it at least two-three working days prior to your check in date and send us the proof of payment.
How do I pay for an English package?
The payment is split in two parts. We ask you pay 60% to book your reservation and the remaining 40% is due upon arrival, together the deposit of 120€ for private rooms and 110€ for shared rooms.
How can I pay?
VivaDublin accepts cash and credit card either at our office or at your check in. We also accept bank transfers and ask you send it at least two-three working days prior to your arrival to ensure receipt.
- Payment by credit card will incur in €10 a transaction handling fee.
How is the check in organized?
Our premises don’t have a reception area. A member of our staff will meet you at the property immediately after your arrival in Dublin or at an agreed time. You will receive an email with a few instructions prior to your check in day.
- Before your arrival, please contact by phone a member of our staff. The accommodation assistant will welcome you at the property to check you in, give you the keys, contract and collect your payment.
When am I able to check in and out?
- Check in is from 2:00 - 10:00 p.m. If your flight is landing later in the evening, we recommend you to book a hotel or hostel for one night and arrange your check in for the morning after your arrival in Dublin.
- We offer self check outs, and those must be completed by 11 a.m.
Is there a parking available?
Some of our properties offer either on-street or paid parking. Please contact us for more details.
How many set of keys will I receive?
Each guest will receive one set of keys.
May I have guests overnight?
Guests are welcome for up to three nights without incurring charges. For a longer stay, we will charge our guest a fee of €50/week.
- The maximum a guest may stay without a booking is seven nights a month. All guests must be pre-approved by the agency, and existing customers cannot be accepted as guests. Guests are not allowed in shared rooms
Can I have friends over?
- Please use common sense and always remember you are sharing the property with other tenants, so avoid any activity that will affect the quality of life of your flatmates and neighbors.
Is a cleaning service provided?
Cleaning is the tenant’s responsibility. We recommend you collaborate with your flatmates and create weekly chores to be completed by all the housemates.
- A complete room cleaning will be done before your check in.
Cancellation & Booking Changes Policy
What if I need to cancel my booking before my arrival or during my stay?
Unfortunately, the security deposit is nonrefundable if you wish to cancel your booking and either the rent paid.
What if I need to change my check out date before arrival or during my stay?
- While we do not allow date changes once your stay is confirmed, should you need to change your dates, we will be happy to cancel your current booking and create a new one to reflect the new dates.
- If a security deposit was paid, we are unable to transfer it to the new booking. This option will incur a new charge for a second security deposit.
- If you are already in our accommodation and you wish to change your check out date, we will consider a cancelation and new booking, requiring a new security deposit.
What if the room doesn't meet my expectations?
- Option 1- Depending upon our availability, we may offer you a second room.
- Option 2 - 100% refund of the total rent paid if you wish to leave the property within the first 24 hours of your stay (except for the cleaning fee and the security deposit).
How may I cancel an English package?
- Cancellation up to 7 days prior check in date incurs a 10% penality fee
- Cancellation within 7 days of arrival are charged a 50% penality fee